Table of Contents
Craving a Thanksgiving side dish? Try this mouthwatering Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic recipe by Mark Bittman! 😋
This simple yet popular recipe results in sweet caramelized Brussels sprouts that will convert anyone into a fan. Here’s the breakdown:
- 1 pint Brussels sprouts (about a pound)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Trim the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts and slice each in half from top to bottom.
- Heat 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Place the sprouts cut side down in one layer in the pan, add garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook undisturbed until the sprouts begin to brown on the bottom, then transfer the pan to the oven. Roast, shaking the pan every 5 minutes, until the sprouts are brown and tender (usually 10 to 20 minutes).
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Stir in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
Serve hot or warm, and enjoy the delightful flavors! Whether you’re a cooking enthusiast or just getting started, this recipe is a winner. Give it a try and savor the goodness! 🍽️✨